Private label services present a special challenge and we see this business model as an opportunity to demonstrate our own skills, experience and creativity, while fully engaging our available resources based on the wishes, ideas and possibilities of our clients.
Our team of designers develops or adapts the design in cooperation with the brand owner. Thanks to our cooperation with suppliers of intermediate goods for filter tubes production, we have access to the highest-quality intermediate goods at reasonable prices.
Our mission is to satisfy consumers moments in tobacco and beyond and to compete successfully for market share in any segment we enter
As the cost of cigarettes continues to rise, consumers are finding less expensive ways to smoke. Many are turning to make-your-own (MYO) cigarettes. Using a little machine, MYO allows consumers to create cigarettes at home by inserting their preferred tobacco blends into hollow cigarette tubes. A relative newcomer to the filter tubes business, Belaprom was founded in Bosnia and Herzegovina in 2014. Over the past six years, the company has been expanding its operations, product portfolio and consumer base. The company has grown more than 600 percent since opening its doors. The main reason why Belaprom continues to grow its customer base is because of the quality of the product we produce.
At Airi is the heart of our business, and
our consultants are the heartbeat
The advantages of private labeling
There are both advantages and disadvantages to private labeling for products that are developed and sold by the company that produces them. Some of the advantages of private labeling may include:
- Loyalty: The key to long-term business success is building a loyal customer base. Branding through private labeling is a great way to build loyalty from customers who like your products. With limited accessibility, customers become attached to your brand, allowing them to feel as though they are among a select few that own it, which ultimately increases loyalty and sales among your customer base.
- High margins: Brands with private labeling usually have a higher profit margin than resale products. The reason for this is because the cost of making your own products is generally lower than buying products that are premade, especially if the development and marketing of the products are of high quality.
- Wholesale income: In addition to exclusively selling your product, you may consider operating as a wholesaler for your brand and offering limited access to other retailers that pay a premium acquisition cost for the right to carry your brand. This will generate additional income as well as spread your brand exposure.
- Exclusivity: Private labeling allows you to separate yourself from your competitors. One of the best things about private labels is that you alone have the exclusive right to sell the product. Good marketing will create a demand for it, which benefits you, because you are your customers’ only source for the product.
The disadvantages of private labeling
Just like everything else, there are disadvantages to private labeling. The good news is that by planning ahead, you can usually avoid the main drawbacks of private labeling.
Some of the disadvantages may include:
- Minimum orders: Most manufacturers have a basic requirement of minimum orders when you want them to produce customized products for your private labeling. Unfortunately, in many situations, the minimum order is much larger than what you would otherwise order.
- Dead inventory: Some retailers make the mistake of ordering a line of privately labeled products without knowing whether or not their customers will like the product. This can leave you with a lot of unsold (dead) inventory.
- Customer perception: It is common for people to trust a brand they have used for a long time, as opposed to trusting a little known private-label brand. For this reason, do your research on customer preference before investing in private-labeled products.